Five top Denver chefs to represent city’s culinary scene.
Leigh Sullivan, an ardent promoter of Denver’s culinary scene, established the Denver FIVE to showcase the local food and beverage talent. The “Class of 2015″ with five more Colorado culinarians plus a two-man beverage team has been announced. The chefs are to create five unique dining experiences throughout the city, and then represent the city and state at the swell Food & Wine Classic in Aspen in June then a dinner at the storied James Beard House in New York City, in September. Sullivan calls the selection process “a responsibility and a privilege.
The 2015 FIVE
- Aniedra Nichols. Alumni Chef and Executive Chef, Elway’s Cherry Creek.
- John Depierro, Executive Chef, Bones.
- Noah French, Co-owner & Executive Pastry Chef, Sugarmill.
- Kevin Grossi, Chef de Cuisine, Lola Mexican Fish House.
- Enrique Socarras, Executive Chef, Suehiro Old Town.
- Gerard Collier, “Bar Ninja,” Pinche Taqueria.
- Aaron Forman, Owner and “Wine Samurai,” Table 6.