7 Courses, 7 chefs and 7 Robert Mondavi wines in the mountains
The beautiful Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa hosts its 2nd Annual James Beard Foundation Dinner on October 4 prepared by seven like-minded chefs who support local and sustainable farms. The evening takes on an added spark with the 100th year celebration of Robert Mondavi, and this storied winery’s pairings for the dinner. At $200 per person ($150 for JBF members), it’s pricey, but the setting is unsurpassed and the occasion is very special with top Denver chefs joining the DTR culinary team to create a seven-course feast. In short, the experience will be priceless. I suggest that guests spend the night. Reserve online, phone 970-726-7004 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troy Guard, TAG and other Denver restaurants. Creator of “Continental Social Food,” Restaurant Hospitality’s “13 to Watch in 2013”; 5280 Top Restaurants, 2012, Westword’s Denver’s 10 Best New Restaurants 2011, Best Seafood Restaurant, 2009-2010.
- Jeff Osaka, twelve restaurant. Denver Magazine’s Chef of the Year (runner-up), 2010; 5280 Best Bites, Top Denver dining spots, American Way, Denver Post, Westword, StarChefs.com.
- Justin Brunson, Old Major and Masterpiece Deli. Best Chefs America, 2013; Exceptional Newcomer Signature Dish Award, Colorado Restaurant Association, 2013; Best New Restaurant & Top of the Town, 5280, 2008-2009; Specialty Chef of the Year, 2009; Westword’s Best of Denver Awards, 2011-2012
- Max MacKissock, previously at The Squeaky Bean (next gig not yet announced). Food + Wine, 2013 Best Chefs America and People’s Choice Southwest; Denver Post, First 4-star rating for Denver restaurant since 2005, 2012
- Paul Reilly, beast + bottle. Denver restaurant newcomer, opened last spring; winner of prestigious Jean-Louis Palladin Professional Work/Study Grant (given to 8 chefs from around the world), former chef/owner of Encore Restaurant in Denver, where he was selected to be one of the Denver FIVE for James Beard House dinner in NYC
- Evan Treadwell, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa. Central Coast Magazine’s Iron Chef Award, 2008; Sante’s Culinary Award for “Innovative Regional Cuisine,” 2007, former Executive Chef, AAA Four Diamond Dolphin Bay Resort in Calif., numerous local awards for best places to dine (Devil’s Thumb Ranch) including Wine Spectator Awards, 2010-2013
- Benjie Puga, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa. European-trained pastry chef, assistant pastry chef at Enchante French Cuisine and Pastries and studied with Dominique Douvenir, former pastry chef/instructor of France’s prestigious Cordon Bleu, wedding cake decorator Linn’s Bakery in Cambria, California, former Pastry Chef, AAA Four Diamond Lido & Dolphin Bay Resort.
JBF Cocktail Reception
- Pork Skin Dandan , Chef Justin Brunson, Old Major
- Wagyu Heart Tartare / Chimichurri / Chipas, Chef Evan Treadwell, Devil’s Thumb Ranch
- Foie Gras Pastrami / Pear Mostarda / Pumpernickel / Smoked Salt, Chef Paul Reilly, beast + bottle
- Ris de Veau / Celery Root / Green Apple / Hazelnut, Chef Jeff Osaka, twelve restaurant
- French Breakfast Radish / Aged Butter / Brown Bread, Chef Max MacKissock, The Squeaky Bean
- Shaved Colorado Lamb Leg / Potato Cake / Cippolini Onion Marmalade / Kumquat, Chef Troy Guard, TAG
Champagne & Cocktails
- Sparkling Cocktail. Brut Champagne/Sparking Wine with White IPA & Amarena Cherry Caviar.
- Mountain Orchard Manhattan on Lava-rocks. House apple-infused Breckenridge Bourbon, Local Lavender Vermouth, Pine Bitters.
- Jack & Jill. Jackelope Gin, Lillet Blanc, Gingembre Ginger Liqueur, Lemon Juice, Chartreuse and Lemon-Sage Foam Float.
- Aviator. Oulde Tom Citrus Gin, Crème de Violette, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon Juice.
- Stout-avero. Stout beer, roasted green chile- infused Reposado tequila, Cointreau, gavero/Cinnamon Rim.
JBF Dinner Menu– Farm to Fork & 100 years with Robert Mondavi
- Hawaiian Kampachi / Roasted Beets / Yuzu / Pistachio / Korean Chive / 8 Grain Tuille paired with
2011 Robert Mondavi, Reserve Fume Blanc, To Kalon Vinyard, Napa Valley, California by Chef Troy Guard, TAG
- Porcini / Pine Brown Butter / Crosnes paired with 2010 Robert Mondavi, Chardonnay, Napa Valley, California by Chef Max MacKissock, The Squeaky Bean
- Variations of Cauliflower / Madras Curry / Currants / Aged Sherry Vinegar paired with 2010 Robert Mondavi, Merlot, Napa Valley, California, byChef Jeff Osaka, twelve restaurant.
- Poached turbot / parsnip milk / Muscat grapes / Brussels sprout leaves paired with 2010 Robert Mondavi, Reserve Pinot Noir, Carneros, Napa Valley, California, by Chef Paul Reilly, beast + bottle.
- Classic pork cheek Bourguignon paired with 2010 Robert Mondavi, Reserve Pinot Noir, Carneros, Napa Valley, California by Chef Justin Brunson, Old Major.
- Devils Thumb Ranch 100% Wagyu Beef Brisket / Liver / Tail / Marrow / Persimmon / Gnocchi / Butternut Hash paired with 2009 Robert Mondavi “Oakville” Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, by Chef Evan Treadwell, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa.
- Caramelia Chocolate Mousse with Five Spice Apple Confit / Caramel Marshmallow / Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream paired with 2011 Robert Mondavi Moscato D’Oro, Chef Benji Puga, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa.