Series filmed in Colorado kicks off on December 7.
It’s been 10 seasons since a Colorado chef won top honors on “Top Chef,” the wildly popular Bravo TV chef competition. The last Colorado champ was Hosea Rosenberg, then with Jax Fish House and now partner chef at Blackbelly Restaurant & Butcher and the new Santo, both in Boulder.
Chef Hosea won Season 5, and Season 15 starts on December 7 with two Colorado chefs in the mix. Here’s hoping the hometown advantage helps one of them rise to the peak of chef celebrity.
“Top Chef” Season 15 Cheftestants
- Fatima Ali. New York
- Tyler Anderson. Simsbury, CT
- Carrie Baird. Bar Dough. Denver
- Adrienne Cheatham, New York
- Laura Cole, Denali National Park, AK
- Joseph Flamm. Chicago.
- Rogelio Garcia. San Francisco
- Tanya Holland. Oakland, CA
- Bruce Kalman. Los Angeles
- Brother Luck. Four By Brother Luck, Colorado Springs
- Melissa Perfit. San Francisco
- Tu David Phu. Oakland
- Joe Sasto. Los Angeles
- Christopher Scott, Brooklyn
- Claudette Zepeda-Wilkins. San Diego
Coloradans will all look for familiar sights as the program showcases our breathtaking landscapes and the thriving culinary scenes in Denver, Boulder, Telluride and Aspen. The show kicks off with a block party Larimer Square — unfortunately in the 11 to midnight. Hoping I don’t doze off. Fortunately, it is possible to record it and watch when convenient.
Also appearing are local star chefs Troy Guard, Alex Seidel, Hosea Rosenberg, Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson, Keegan Gerhard, Jen Jasinski and Frank Bonanno. The program has all sorts of twists and audience-pleasing gimmicks, but for those of us who appreciate Colorado’s burgeoning school scene, it’s all about the chefs.