Italian Christmas Eve feast coming to Jax in Old Town.
Several years ago, a friend and I conspired to prepare the Feast of the Seven Fishes, a traditional southern Italian Christmas Eve feast. Eight or so of us had a great time. The food was good, but nothing compared to what a good restaurant kitchen can put out.
Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar in downtown Fort Collins is putting on special Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve, featuring fresh seafood and other exquisite dishes prepared by Jax Chef Ricky Myers. This is the third year that Jax has put on the Festa dei Sette Pesci, but the first time I’ve been aware of it. In fact, Jax is reportedly the only restaurant in the area that is offering this unique meal on Christmas Eve.
- Oysters on the half shell; grapa mignonette
- Big Eye Tuna Crudo, pickled fennel and celery, orange segments,
- herbs and Ligurian olive oil
- Sweet Potato and Crab Arancini, oregano aioli
- Insalata Mista, fried anchovy, grilled baby octopus, gigante beans, arugula, cauliflower, olive, cured egg yolk, anchovy vinaigrette
- Baked Cherrystone Clams, speck and Parmesan mornay, herbed bread crumbs
- Pan Roasted Swordfish, gnocchi al Romano, Hazel Dell mushroom Bolognese
- Raito Bianca, mussels, house-made linguica sausage, sea lettuce,
- chestnut cream, potato, capers
- Zeppoles, pomegranate crème anglaise, amaretto beer caramel
The cost is $55 per person. There will also be an optional bottomless wine offering (red, white or both), and a discounted menu of wine by the bottle. Reservations are required; call 970-682-2275.
The restaurant is at 123 North College Avenue, Fort Collins.