Open Table’s “100 Best” list includes a handful in metro Denver.
Open Table, the online restaurant reservation site, has unveiled its users’ choices for the 100 Best Steakhouses in America for 2016. Of those, five are in Colorado — all in Denver or the greater metro area. They are:
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House, Greenwood Village
- Elway’s Cherry Creek, Denver
- Guard & Grace, Denver
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille, Park Meadows, Lone Tree
- Shanahan’s Steakhouse, Denver
I was alerted to this by a Del Frisco’s spokeswoman, who also noted that this upscale steakhouse chain has three interesting insiders’ features:
- Secret menu items that “only those with prior knowledge know to order the off-menu delights, many inspired by Del Frisco’s regulars and local celebrities.”
- Non-traditional spirits that vary by each location, offering “some of the rarest vintages and bottles available in the U.S.
- The recently created recently created Somm Wars pitting “Leaders of Women in Wine” against each other, “with Del being “home to many top female sommeliers and a friendly three-city wine competition, which will become an annual event.” The three cities are Dallas, New York and Chicago.