Lift a glass of a special drink to honor David Bowie.
David Bowie’s recent death at the age of 69, just after releasing his final album on last Friday, which was also his birthday, shocked and saddened his legions of fans. To commemorate the loss of this unforgettable icon, The Squeaky Bean created not just one, but for the first time, an entire menu of cocktails — pretty appropriate for a rocker who lived large.
The Squeaky Bean launches its Bowie tribute and shrine by introducing the David Bowie cocktail list on January 19, when it is offered special. The Bean will also play David Bowie’s music from 4 p.m. t o close. Guests are invited to dress “in David Bowie fashion,” which can mean that anything outrageous goes. The special cocktail list will be available from at least until the end of January.
- The Bowie Shrine Drink: Ziggy Stardust: Mescal, Aperol, Cocchi Americano, dehydrated Campari “Stardust”
- Heroes: Woody Creek vodka, blood orange, honey, pear eau de vie, Moscato
- Young Americans: Squeaky Bean Barrel Elmer T Lee bourbon, Amontillado sherry, orange olio sacchrum, bitters
- Life on Mars?: Reposado tequila, Nardini Amaro, orgeat, lime
- Space Oddity: Pisco, Meyer lemon, mandorla, egg white
- Let’s Dance: Lillet Blanc, lemon oil, house apple liquor
- Golden Years: Reagan Orange Bitters, Ron Zacapa Rum, Pommadine, lemon
Bowie isn’t the first star to be honored with a Shrine Cocktail. The current one is Meadowlark Limoncello in commemoration of the late Harlem Globetrotters star. And there will be a Shrine Cocktail during Denver Restaurant Week (February 26to March 6) commemorating the passing of Penny Parker, Denver’s beloved woman about town gathering news for her columns in the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News.