Boulder chefs dominate Colorado stop of annual event.
The eight-stop James Beard Foundation’s 2017 Celebrity Chef Tour’s Colorado alights on Friday, April 7, 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. in Vail. The foundation describes this event as featuring “Colorado’s most up & coming chefs, outstanding purveyors and wine makers for a night of food & wine.” I know it will be a superlative event. but I would take issue with the description of participating culinarians as “up and coming.” Every one of them is a local star.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m. at Thomas Salumunovich’s Larkspur Events & Dining venue. The James Beard Foundation and the Taste of Vail join to host this event that starts with a cocktail reception with passed hors d’oeuvres followed by a seven-course dinner with wine pairings.
- Thomas Salamunovich (host), Billy Fitzgerald and Christian McCallion. Larkspur Restaurant
- Chef Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson and Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey. Frasca Food and Wine, Boulder.
- Cara Luff and Hunter Chamness. Boxcar Restaurant, Avon.
- Eric Skokan. Black Cat Restaurant, Bramble & Hare and Black Cat Farm.
- Daniel Asher. River and Woods, Boulder.
Entry is steep, but oh, what an event it promises to be. There is/was a limited early-bird price of $175 per person. Entry for is $135 for U.S. Bank FlexPerks Rewards Cardholders and $195 for the general public. Click here for tickets. Larkspur is ast 458 Vail Valley Drive, Vail.